General Inquiries



My husband has ousted me with four minor children out of his house and not paying maintenance allowance to me and kids. How can I get maintenance allowance from my husband? Top
Contact your concerned Union Council and Family Court for assistance, where the woman resides at the time of filing her application/case.  
My husband has pronounced verbal divorce to me and has ousted me from the house, what remedies might be availed and where can I get them? Top
According to Section 7 & 8 of Muslim Family Laws Ordinance 1961, it is mandatory that the notice of divorce must be in written form, one (1) copy to the woman and one (1) copy to the concerned Union Council where the woman’s resides at that time; therefore, aggrieved woman may approach to the Union Council or Family Court.  
My husband often torture to me on petty house hold affairs, even today he brutally tortured me. What remedy can I avail and where can I get them? Top
In case of emergency situation the aggrieved woman may call 15 Police Emergency, 1122 Rescue Services or may approach the nearest Police Station and Government Hospital.  
My father has passed away and left behind property, but my brother is not giving me inheritance share? What is the procedure to get my legal share from my father’s property? Top
The aggrieved woman may approach Halqa Patwari, Tehsildar, Collector and/or DCO of the concerned district where the actual property is located.  
After my father’s death, we are 2 sisters and a brother. We want to transfer the property as per law and guidance, what is the procedure? Top
Application along with relevant record of the property’s ownership of deceased, death certificate and legal heir’s proof of relation with deceased, to the Halqa Patwari, Tehsildar, Collector and/or DCO.  
Halqa Patwari is reluctant to transfer the property with the name of legal heirs? What is alternate remedy? Top
Aggrieved person may approach to the Tehsildar or Collector or DCO and/or may approach Civil Court.  
Village landlord attempted to rape me and on my refusal he brutally tortured me and injured my head. I reported the matter to the police station, but police is not taking any legal action against influential accused person. How can I register my FIR? Top
Application to the concerned police station and/or DSP / SP / DPO can be filed for registration of FIR and for medical treatment from concerned government hospital through police station or through Area Judicial Magistrate. Medical treatment which is called MLC / MLR (Medico-legal Certificate or Medico-legal Report) from government hospital with the proof of admission as an evidence against the offender.